Survivor series - "Maidless" 1 week!!
From tomorrow onwards, it will be a test for me and hubbi to survive w/o a maid... Looking back, Yeti has been with us for 15 months and we have been very reliant on her to cook, wash, clean.... Wonder what will life be in the next 1 week when she is away.
Oh, why my maid is leaving?? She wants to go back Indonesia to attend her Dad's funeral. On Monday morning, I woke up and carried GG to the kitchen to let Yeti take over from me so that I can wash up and get ready for work, Yeti was still ok. But after I came out of my bedroom, she is sobbing away... I had a shock. And she told me her sister just called to inform her that her Dad just passed away. That was the first time I saw her crying.... can feel her sadness... So I asked if she wants to go back to Indo and she said yes... so I make arrangement to book the air ticket for her at the earliest date. Managed to book the Silkair flight which is on wed and to my horror, the air-ticket actually cost $540 + tax $105 =$645!!! So expensive! Wow! I did not know going to Manado (where my maid hometown is) can be so X! Anyway, I still book cos' what can be more important to Yeti at this moment than going back to see her dad for the last time... Out of goodwill, me and hubbi discussed and decided to sponsor Yeti 50% of her air-ticket. ANyway, our plan initially was for her to come back on 26 Sep, but the seats are all fully book so the earliest she can come back is on 28 Sep... means 2 more days w/o maid! Boo hoo... ya lar, I am a bit exaggerating here lah!. Life will not be so bad w/o her around. My MIL has kindly offer to look after GG while Yeti is away so that I do not need to take leave... as for the housework, I guess we have to compromise wif the cleanliness we've been living in for the past 1 yr... HAHA!
Sometimes I wonder are we really being too nice to our maid... my BIL actually called hubbi this morning to ask us why do we allow our maid to go back... I was a bit taken aback.. I thought isnt this what most people will do, seeing somebody dear one passed away and feeling sorry and sad for that person and naturally the least what we as employer can do is to let her go back... but of course, we being nice employer throw in the 50% air ticket lah! *ah hem* Anyway, I think his concern is he worried his maid might also expect the same treatment if anything is to happen to her family also... Apparantly, my BIL and SIL are still not very comfortable wif their maid whom they employed recently. So naturally they are worried his maid will compare how she is treated vs Yeti...Anyway, my hubbi is a "da hao ren", everything also think of others first!! Of course, I am still not up to his standard yet, thats why sometimes we will also end up arguing over small things :p
Photos time! Some pictures taken of Grace at Ikea last sunday:
GG been running around IKEA wif me chasing her around. Finally she decides to settle on the rack
Playful GG playing with ...er...something that look like a hockey stick.. keke!
We decided to "lock" her inside the pram... keke







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home