Our Story....

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

GG's forehead hit by "naughty lotus"

The story goes like this....

Last sat, I put GG, JJ and my maid at my mum's place in SK and decided to go 4 church service w/o them as both have a bit of running nose and coughing. Anyway, in the middle of the service (around 630pm), I received a phone call from my mum (thank God I just turned my hp to silence and not switched off totally), she sounds so scared and kan jong in the phone "Quick come home! GG got hit by the lamp and is bleeding a lot (in hokkien)" In the background, I can already hear GG crying very loudly! My heart panic......... My mum said she asked the neighbor who is a taxi driver to drive them to the nearby clinic and asked us to quickly rushed back to SK. After we reached, I saw GG lying in my mum's arms and her Tshirt had a lot of blood (stopped crying though). Can imagine the pain she must have felt and the amt of blood lost! *sobz* My heart really ached at that moment ! My mum said the doctor wanted them to go A&E as the cut was at the center of her forehead so safer to go hospital. Immediately we headed to KKH A&E. In the car, I carried GG in my arms and keep toking to her and comfort her... My mum said not to let her sleep, worried that she might go into a concussion (not too sure if it will be the case)....anyway, so I tok to her and sang song to her. On the journey, I am trying very hard to control my tears as I carried her (not to frighten her), but still I wept. I wished I had brought her to church!! Was blaming myself for being a irresponsible mum to left her at home.... at KKH, we waited abt an hour before our turn. The doc examine the cut and reassured us that it was deep, yet not too deep for stitches. So he clensed the wound and used a "glue" to glue back the cut (never heard of this b4 but thank God for this technology, else cannot imagine how much more wailings if GG needs to be stitched up). Of course, throughout the whole examination, GG cried and wailed but did not struggle too hard cos I think she knows she needs the doc to help her :) The glue can only be washed off a week later, so meanwhile, GG can only towel her hair and face, no rubbing and scrubbing! The doc says there will be scar but not as obvious as if its stitches.

How the whole episode happened is GG was playing with the wire that connects the "naughty lotus lamp"on the altar to the switch. And dun know how, she go pull the wire and the plastic lamp which has sharp edges fell on her forehead! We thank God that the sharp edge dint hit her eyes or the top of her head which the consequences might be more disasterous. Thinking back, who can we blame for this acident?? No one I guess, but lesson learnt is to really childproof every corner of our house!!! And yes, to pray for God's protection wherever we are!

Now, GG will sometimes point to her forehead and say "pain pain" and when I asked her who hit, and she will go "the naughty lotus" haha!! Of course we explained that becuase she pulled the wire thats y the "naughty lotus" fell! :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home